I tried blogging for a long time. I started shared blogs or joined some. First to talk about music. Then I had a blog with a bunch of friends which was all about DIY and cooking. Eventually I figured (I knew it for a while already) that writing is not my strength. Honestly I wish I could write short stories out of daily scenes. But those stories don’t come naturally to me. I can simply express myself better in pictures. And so I started my blog a bit over a year ago, first following the DIY/ cooking idea. Eventually, I simply focused on what I love doing most: taking pictures. Since early 2014, Le Dot has become my photo diary. It has been so much fun to connect with people across the Blogosphere. And there are so many inspiring people out there!
To my biggest surprise I have been nominated twice in the past few days for the Liebster Award by Teresa at My Story by Teresa and also by Chloe at The Girl Who Clicked. This shows me that focusing on what I enjoy most (photography) was the right way to go. Teresa & Chloe, thank you heaps! This really means a lot to me! And yes I am gladly accepting this award!
The rules of the award is to:
- Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
- Copy the Liebster Logo and paste it onto your own blog.
- Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their respective blogs.
- InyourblogpostabouttheLiebster Award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 Questions by the person who nominated you
- List 11 Random Facts about yourself
- Nominate, and link to three (3) – eleven(11) other blogs which you enjoy and have fewer than 3,000 followers.
- List 11 Questions for your nominees
Chloe’s eleven questions:
1. What motivated you to start a blog?
The motivation to make Le Dot to what it is today, was that I wanted to focus on getting better at taking pictures. I used to be so inspired as a teenager and over the years, I sort of left my camera in a corner. Eventually, I felt that photography is a part of me, and that i needed a place to share my creations and get inspired by others.
2. Generally, what makes you click “like” on other blogs?
I usually look at photography blogs. The photo(s) need to touch me in some way. It can be technical or emotional. A “like” from me is a sort of “you inspire me”.
3. What do you prefer: A like, a re-blog, or a comment on your posts?
Any sort of connection is a sign of appreciation. The fact that someone stumbles over my blog and spends time on it, already means the world to me. I believe that a comment is the one I prefer because the feedback is more elaborate.
4. If you could invite any famous person out for dinner, who would it be?
I am terrible in remembering famous people… I can never remember their names… I would love to have dinner with a talented (and potentially famous) photographer to learn more from him/ her.
5. If you are not able to do what you like most for a year, what would you do?
I guess I would be rather in a bad place. But maybe it would teach me that life is not always a “pony farm” (as we say in German).
6. Vacation or Staycation?
Both work but definitely vacation: There is so much to see!
7. Read a book, or watch a movie?
Mostly books but actually audio books. I listen to them in the car, whilst cooking or cleaning.
8. What’s your favorite photo you’ve taken?
I think the picture of the deer at Point Reyes remains my favorite.
9. What’s the best thing that happened to you in 2014?
I guess my trip with my husband to Costa Rica was one of the best thing this year. We improved our surfing skills and discovered a beautiful spot on Earth.
10. Name one thing that you would like to cross off your bucket list next year?
I am not quite sure. I don’t really have a set bucket list. Things come along the way and I try to make them happen as soon as possible if those wishes are realistic. I am pretty happy with my life at this time.
11. Complete the next sentence: If I won a million dollars I would…
buy a house/ apartment, rent it out and travel the World with my hubby, my dog, my camera and the surf boards.
Teresa’s eleven questions:
1. Which place in the world you like the most?
This is a tough one. I have seen a lot of places and all the places have something amazing. Costa Rica was definitely a gem. We just came back from Seattle and I loved the vibe which was there.
2. For what reason have you decided to run a blog?
See my answer to question one in Chloe’s eleven questions.
3. What do you hate the most?
4. If life were a song, it would be…
“You Learn” by Alanis Morissette
5. Do you believe in destiny?
Sometimes it feels that certain things had to happen. But then I think we have a lot of power to decide on our life. I believe that your attitude towards life impacts your path.
6. What is the most common tradition in your country?
I am French and German and I am currently living in the U.S. I will mention one tradition for each country. I am not sure if these are the most common traditions though.
France: To eat “Boudin blanc” (White pudding (the black pudding alternative)) on New Year’s eve.
Germany: The Karneval in February.
U.S: Have “ugly sweater” parties during the Christmas season.
7. What is your dream job?
No sure. I like too many things that, there are a lot of things I would enjoy doing. I guess running my own B&B or cafe remains on the top of the list.
8. Beer or wine?
Depends on the situation. After all I am French and German 😉
9. How do you feel about adrenaline sports?
I am pretty scared of doing them but I love watching them. The most adrenaline like sport I do would be surfing, and we are talking about civilized size waves. This is enough adrenaline for me.
10. Tea or coffee?
Earl Grey to start my day, herbal and green for the rest of the day. A good coffee when hagging out with friends.
11. Do you make a New Year’s resolution?
Not on a regular basis. In 2008, my resolution was to do a 365 photo project and I sticked to it. Some of the photos which are on my blog are actually from this project. For 2015, I will keep my resolution in the field of photography: I want to learn more and broaden my skill set.
11 random facts about me:
1. I cooked one summer in a surf camp in France.
2. I met my Australian husband in Canada.
3. I love cheesecake.
4. My potato bread has been acknowledged by the corporate head chef of California Pizza Kitchen as having amazing cell structure.
5. I’m 31, visited 27 countries, lived 12 years on the African continent, lived in 6 countries across the globe and speak 4 languages.
6. I used to develop black and white photos (the old fashioned way) when I was a teenager.
7. I love baking a lot… I mean I could bake every day. But this wouldn’t be reasonable.
8. I would get along well with Teresa who nominated me because Gin & Tonic is one of my go-to drinks too.
9. I love to discover new unknown musicians.
10. I love the city, because I can observe people around me. The best is when I can sit in a cafe at a window and watch life on the street.
11. Root beer tastes like medicine to me.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What do you enjoy about photography?
2. What would you like to learn?
3. Are you a foodie? Can you elaborate?
4. What means friendship to you?
5. What’s the best thing that happened to you in 2014?
6. Where would you like to live?
7. What motivated to start a blog?
8. Generally, what makes you click “like” on other blogs?
9. What is one of the most common tradition in your country?
10. Public transport, car or bike?
11. Camping or hotel?